Sunday, June 22, 2008

Walking to work

We're heading back to the States in a few days. We're starting to pack, and last week was my last one at the old office. Here are some pics I took one morning last week of the things I saw each day on my way there and back...


(The entrance to the Shchukinskaya Metro station)


(The artwork on the platform at Shchukinskaya, depicting our peaceful riverside neighborhood)



(The crossing at Barrikadnaya, where you switch to the Circle Line)



(The Park Kultury Metro station)


(Looking up Zubovsky Bulvar, my office is hidden behind that giant aircraft-carrier sized Nissan ad. This is for the best, as it is one of the more hideous Soviet relics in the city. Through my time in Moscow, it has been hidden by ads for Starry Melnick beer, Nikola kvass, among others.)

No comments: